Sunday, March 20, 2011

Spring Break at SCR

Sigh, spring break is slowly slipping away. . . .

I guess I really shouldn't complain about going back to school, though.  There aren't many jobs that would afford me the opportunity to go "work" at something I love so often, and that's exactly what teaching does.

For the last two years, every Christmas, spring, and summer break I have relied upon the unending generosity of Grant, Connie, Trey, and Sterlin at SCR.  This break was no different.  My parents came, as well, and we spent three days working and fellowshipping. 

And teasing. 

Lots and lots of teasing.

Dad, Mom and Grant gathering strays in 41

Mending the water gap after pushing the strays back through.

Me on Cinco in East Galisteo.

Mom on Snakebite and Dad on Stormy

Me on Socks.

I took Socks with intentions of leaving him there for Grant to ride a while but wound up bringing him back home again.  He was a gentleman with a purpose from day one. 

It seems that Socks prefers work to dinking around the turnrows. 

All work and no play may have made Jack a dull boy but apparently it makes Socks a grumpy gelding.

2 comments:

  1. So you got up on Socks afterall? I'm glad he was a good boy. Beautiful pics!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yep, and I was scared stiff when I got on the first time. Bad enough that Grant kept teasing me and telling me to smile and loosen up. We came up with a game plan to make things more "work-like" here. We'll see if it works. Keep your fingers crossed for me!!

    ReplyDelete